What does the driving test in Ireland involve?
The driving test is of 40 minutes duration and includes the following.
- Make sure your brake lights are all working.
- Tax and insurance are all in date and clearly displayed.
- A good knowledge of the rules of the road.
- Can perform engine checks on tyres, lights, engine oil, windscreen washer fluid, horn, brakes, steering and reflectors.
- Complete competently the following maneuvres - reversing, turnabout and hill start.
Want to pass your driving test?
Arena Driving School recommends to anyone thinking of applying or has applied for a test to seriously consider the following points.
- Taking Pre-test driving lessons at least 10 -14 days before your test date (this gives you time to identify problems that may arise during your driving lessons)
- Taking a mock-test to experience first hand a real test scenario.
- We recommend that you use the vehicle for your driving test that you feel most comfortable in whether it's a driving school car or your own car.
- Pick the nearest test centre to you as you will be familiar with the area and you will also be nearby so as to get as much practice as possible.
- Choose a driving school with a consistently high pass rate for your chosen test centre.
- Allow 3-6 months driving experience after your EDT lessons to gain valuable driving time.